Resources for education continuation while at home.
Warning – be careful when searching the internet to ensure the website is offering resources that are linked to the Australian Curriculum (Vic Curric is harder to find). There is lots out there, but a large proportion won’t be successful as it will be too hard, too easy, boring or incorrect curriculum.
Website for all primary school curriculum areas:
- https://education.qld.gov.au/curriculum/learning-at-home/ QLD govt website, but still really good resources
- Twinkl.com.au (currently free – look for the Australian Resources section). Click on Offer code: AUSTRCODE (If it doesn’t work, create a new account as a teacher).
Resources are good, check out geography, aboriginal or science activities.
Download free packs – really good! Workbooks to buy are good…but dry and kids can bore of them.
- Dr Paul Swan is a maths education guru, his resources are loved by teachers and kids. https://drpaulswan.com.au/teaching-at-home/#
- Mo Willems on Youtube – daily doodling classes
- Design your own Disneyland: https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/hass-storytelling/imagineering-in-a-box
- 30 Day lego challenge (adapt Day 1 to Create the cart for the rollercoaster) – search for it online.
- Junior Rangers (activities to download and will be emailing over the holidays) https://juniorrangers.com.au/
- UK Scouts indoor activities https://www.scouts.org.uk/activities/
- Melbourne Zoo educational activities – design a habitat challenge https://www.zoo.org.au/education/zoo-education-online/stem-design-challenge-animals-at-home/
- Coding – engaging and variety of activities depending on age group https://studio.code.org/courses
- Targeting Maths – does cost $9.99 per year level but engaging, fun and linked to Vic Curric.
- Reading eggs – spelling apps – does cost $ but engaging and Australian.
- Apps by Duck Duck Moose, Dr Panda
- Osmo – well worth the $$ for educational value and kids love it. Numbers, pizza shop, words, newton and Monster drawing are all brilliant. Will last a long time eg. 4 year old to 12.
Thanks to my wife, a maths teacher and accountant for these suggestions for healthcare workers to keep educated during the pandemic. Please add more suggestions in the comments section.