As you develop as an educator it is worth considering creating a portfolio to demonstrate learning and development for both yourself and the learners perspective. You can develop this as a simple written document, powerpoint presentation, or utilise an ePortfolio platform. Below are some suggestions to consider what content you could add to develop your educator portfolio:
- Reflections on experiences and to summarise learning events.
- Conduct a Teaching Perspectives Inventory (TPI).
- Develop a teaching philosophy statement.
- Education content delivery and curriculum development.
- Feedback approach.
- Any feedback and evaluations from education delivered.
- Social media profile.
- Education training and formal qualifications.
Nursing Education Network. (2022). Building a Nurse Educator Portfolio.
Little-Wienert, K., & Mazziotti, M. (2018). Twelve tips for creating an academic teaching portfolio. Medical Teacher, 40(1), 26-30.
Van Tartwijk, J., & Driessen, E. W. (2009). Portfolios for assessment and learning: AMEE Guide no. 45. Medical Teacher, 31(9), 790-801.